Friday, April 23, 2010

Tom Cruise-ified

adj. A sad and terrifying state that so many babes and movies have suffered.

Real citation: "Tom Cruise-ified Katie Holmes scares me. Bring back Joey Potter! #random"
(April 19, 2010,
Joy Landen Avery, Twitter, http://twitter.com/joylandenavery/statuses/12468185693)

Made-up citation: "I don't like anything that has been Tom Cruise-ified except Tropic Thunder. With his dancing, swearing, and enormous paws, Cruise justified his existence to the gods--even Zeus, a tough critic."

1 comment:

Laura Payne said...

Hello Fellow Language Lovers,

I wanted to let you know that I have included your blog on a list of ten blogs that I think are worth visiting and I am awarding you with a "Vale a pena ficar de olho nesse blog" stamp.

I received this award from another language blogger and part of the acceptance process asks that the recipient post the award picture with a link to the blog from whom the award was received and to add links to ten additional worthy blogs.

I truly enjoy reading each of your educational and entertaining blogs.

Cheers,
Laura
A Walk in the WoRds
http://walkinthewords.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-awards-portuguese-stamp-of.html