Monday, December 08, 2008

Johnny Potatochipseed

noun. Some spread joy. Others, manure. For a select few, crumbs are the legacy left behind--and in front and underneath--a legacy that shall last, at least until the vacuum of history makes its final judgments.

Real citation: "10:43 a.m. A man in all white clothing with a matching white gas mask wandered near a Plaza fudge shop, systematically scattering potato chips from a bag onto the sidewalk and ground. But when they arrived, Johnny Potatochipseed was gone."
(Kevin L. Hoover, Nov. 11, 2008, Arcata Eye, http://www.arcataeye.com/index.php?module=Pagesetter&tid=2&topic=7&func=viewpub&pid=1100&format=full)

Made-up citation: "I enjoy a good chip, but I'm no Johnny Potatochipseed. I only eat crumb-or-splatter-producing food in the sanctity of the home, where I can be showered, hosed, scrubbed, shined, and detoxed before reentering the public sphere. Image is everything; that's what some pretty pictures told me, anyway."

No comments: