Monday, November 17, 2008

ninja-in-chief

noun. A stealthy leader, good with a throwing star and earmark. Hey, even ninjas need pork.

Real citation: "They’ve have had a particular appeal to me, personally, since yesterday, when Ninja-in-Chief Vaughn Dickson posted an excellent review of my book on the site. Pop in, take a look, and, while you’re there, take a moment to play with the monkeys. Feel free to feed them."
(Richard de Nooy, Dec. 5, 2007, http://richarddenooy.book.co.za/blog/2007/12/05/ninja-monkeys-on-my-shoulder/)

Made-up citation: "I've had a wide-ranging career. Spent a few years as a proofreader, while moonlighting as a power forward. I worked as a barista, monkey trainer, and sociologist, before stumbling into a job as ninja-in-chief for a powerful corporate entity. Keep that under your cloak, folks. The public shouldn't know Target employs ninjas with a 'target' of our own: (insert villainous ha-has here)."

No comments: