Sunday, March 04, 2007

crapologism

noun. A crap-diddly-tastic neologism.

Real citation: "Yes, technically, it's a word, and technically, it's probably correct as cited. That's the letter of the law. The spirit of the law is that it's a pretentious post-MBA marketing coinage that is both obnoxious and extraneous, and if I want to discourage its use, which I do, I need to dismiss it out of hand on The Vine.
You're right on the merits, of course, but I'm not about to split that hair if it means someone thinks that kind of crapologism is acceptable.
Words I myself make up or bend to my will are of course exempt from this curt judgment. Hee."
(Sarah D. Bunting, private email, March 2, 2007)

Made-up citation: "Crapologisms are as plentiful as prepositions, yet so much more barfbag-worthy."

No comments: