Monday, October 02, 2006

absosmurfing

adverb. An absolutely smurfing alternative to "absolutely."

Related terms: absodiddly, absoforking, absofracking, absofreaking, absofricking, absofucking.

Real citation: "In any case, Horace Andy is obviously a god of some kind, and they were absosmurfing brilliant when I saw them on June 18, so bugger Richard Ashcroft (I don't care what you say Ebby, that's a *weird* double bill).Go and see 'em in a town near you."
(Danielle, July 2, 1998, http://www.smoe.org/lists/fegmaniax/1998/v07.n247)

Made-up citation: "I absosmurfing dread the thought of putting winter booties on my dog. Shoot me in the head."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

might I suggest "pithicism", cited here?

http://www.provenanceunknown.com/archive/2002/10-08_how_to_be_a_.html

Alonzo Riley said...

I've heard this before in natural language, but I recall:

abso-smurfing-lutely

Which seems like a PC or humerous adaption from the much more common

abso-fucking-lutely

Anyway, maybe we can start an etymology going.. :)