Thursday, December 22, 2005

sleep like a crack baby

verb phrase. Depending on the availability of the rock, the snoozer in question is sleeping really well or not well at all--in the second case, the somnambulant individual may be oscillating like a broken grandfather clock.

Real citation: "I wanted a change of scenery, being shut up in the same room for 4 days drives you crazy after a bit, so I moved to the guest bedroom. It's cooler, quieter (the computers in there aren't always on) and there's less dust, so I'm not as congested. Last night and most of today I slept like a crack baby that just got its fix."
("Puss-filled Tonsils and Prescription Drugs," Feb. 5, 2003, http://kingprimate.com/weblog/archives/2003_02_05.html)

Made-up citation: "My mom told me if I didn't behave, the baby Jesus would sleep like a crack baby. God willing, this must be worth a lawsuit."

No comments: